If you’ve come here, hopefully you’re thinking about getting your own home or maybe you already have a deal done !
It can be an anxious time – but also very exciting…
We at Neil J. Butler & Co. Property Solicitors, really enjoy helping people get through this marvellous milestone in their lives. We believe the quality of our service and the way we keep you informed at all stages makes a huge difference. Our clients agree…….. see what some of them are saying:
8 Steps to get you moving House Quickly
Free Guide to Buying and Selling Property
“Neil J. Butler & Co., handled the sale of our property in Dublin. We are 100% satisfied with the service we received. It was friendly, flexible, efficient, and most importantly, professional. We feel secure in the knowledge that we now have a Solicitor who will continue to look after our needs into the future.”
Siobhan and Mark H. Birdhill Co. Tipperary.
“In my experience, the three biggest benefits of the service provided by Neil J. Butler & Co. are1. Accessibility2. Accountability
- Excellent communication.”
Paul S. Dublin. Sept. 2014
So, where do you start?
- Choose your Solicitor – it really should be us ! We have a few guidelines for you so Get our FREE Guide to Buying or Selling Property – Click Here
- Choose your Bank – if you need a mortgage, that is. Not all Lenders are the same. Get a written offer as soon as you can.Consider the offers carefully . Ask us for help.
- Pay a Booking Deposit if asked by the Auctioneer. Only deal with reputable Auctioneers who should display their Licence.It should not exceed 5 % of the price but is negotiable. Get a written receipt.
- Arrange an early appointment with your Solicitor – early advice can help avoid unwitting mistakes. Have some information ready so we can set up a new file – Photo ID with proof of address, PPS numbers with proof( letters from Tax Office or Social Welfare preferably) , Marriage Certificate if you’re married, Civil Partnership Certificate if applicable, email and mobile contact details, bank account details ( to allow payment of any surplus funds from the loan or indeed balances at end of transaction), details of any monies coming from your own resources or by way of gift from family or such.
- Arrange a survey of the property. If you don’t know any surveyors, we can help you as we have a list of reputable experts
- Check the planning Codes for the area – again , the Surveyor can assist here. It’s in case the Planners have future developments in mind for the area that might change it in a way you might not like.
- Understand your costs and the taxes that apply. We make a point of setting out all this information in writing upfront, so you’ll easily see what funds are needed.
- Life Cover and other insurances – you’ll be prompted by all the Lenders to place Life Cover , Serious Illness Cover , Income Protection cover with them. DON’T – at least not till you have talked to us or to an independent Broker. We do not place such cover and receive no commission from any Insurer BUT we do understand what products are essential and what are not!
- Arrange that appointment with us as your Solicitors and let’s get your Project moving !