Having chosen the correct Solicitor – hopefully, me…!- there are some things that are really important that you can do and that will help accelerate things :
- Have your PPS number and that of your spouse or Partner easily available . A letter from Revenue or a P60 Form are ideal.
- LPT or Local Property Tax – you should have a PIN and a Property ID Code. Either print out the LPT history from the website or give the numbers to your Solicitor so he/she can do it.
- Septic Tank Registration – if you live in the country and have such a drainage system , it must be registered with the Co
- NPPR – Non Principal Private Residence Tax. If you own an investment apartment or house that you rent out and are now selling it , you need to give your Solicitor a print-out of the tax history. If you can’t access it , your Solicitor can help you.
- Irish Water Registration – again , have the details ready.
- Have you built any extensions to the house ; or maybe converted your
garage ? Your Solicitor will need the Planning Permission or else details of when it was built and what floor area it has
- If you have a mortgage, then the Mortgage account details and the last Statement showing the balance due will be a great help to your Solicitor.
- Arrange an appointment with Me – I can meet you personally OR we can meet online , using Google Hangouts or Skype. We can also use e-mail to set up the initial processes. Location and time is not a barrier !
Council. Those Registration numbers etc are also needed by your Solicitor.
By working together and being organised , we can get this done for you !